***Please note that due to some refurbishments at the Lesuire Centre; the showers, steam room and sauna will be closed this week***
We welcome all swimmers young and old to this relaxed swim session.
Our brilliant Volunteers are on hand to offer encouragement and support from a safe distance
Turn up with your Carer and have full use of the pool with ILEAP Volunteers in the water and lifeguards making sure you are safe and supported.
Disabled changing, toilets and a hoist.
The plan for the swim session this term, is to run it slightly differently due to Covid 19
1. Participants will need to change independently or with the help of their usual Carer our Volunteers have to maintain social distancing
2. Facemarks to be worn when entering and exiting the building regardless to protect other users who cannot be vaccinated.
3. Social distancing rules observed to protect yourself and others
4. Regular hand washing / sanitising before during and after the session
5. Clothes should be stored in a locker or in their bag on poolside.
6. Non swimmers will need to be assisted by their main Carer our Volunteer can verbally assist but cannot get to close.
7. Volunteers should help and encourage from a safe distance and avoid close physical contact.
8. We are now more of a family swim session, a safe and welcoming place to bring disabled loved ones for a non judgemental swim, stay in your bubbles.
9. Transport cannot be provided at present
We have asked all ILEAP Staff and Volunteers to get vaccinated and are encouraging our Members and their Carers to get vaccinated on an ongoing basis. We can help with this.
We also strongly encourage home Rapid Antigen Test to check you are all clear before attending.